Saturday, November 13, 2010

Match against Indonesia

With Sania having a ear infection and unable to step in to play, I was chosen to play 2nd singles. I was hitting the ball great during practice and so Rico thought I was a better option for singles.
The Indonesian number 2 player started off a bit slow, but then regained her game and hardly missed through the entire first set. While I attempted to mix up the pace and move her side to side,I made a few unforced errors trying to go for down the lines too prematurely. There were several games that were long and went back and forth with dueces but it was quite clear that she played a superior level of tennis. The scoreline after the end of the match was 6-1,6-1 as I was unable to convert all the break point opportunities I had.
Poojashree played a brave match and was leading a set and 3-1, but lost the 2nd and eventually the tie. So it was a disheartening day for India yesterday when we were knocked out in the 1st round itself.We now have 2 days for practice before the individuals begin.

No comments: