Tuesday, May 18, 2010

14th May 2010 5 pm EST

I arrived at the Harrisburg International Airport. The tournament had arranged transport for players to be driven tot he tournament site. We waited for one of the other players, called Malika.I thought she must be a fellow Indian, but she turned out to be an African american teenager called Malika Rose. As soon as we started speaking,I knew we would get along.
Once we got to the courts, Malika and I decided to practice a bit before we went to the hotel. There was a tornado warning in the county and sky darkened like it was doomsday. Rain poured down and that was that....
I checked into the tournament hotel which was a bit expensive for such a small tournament. While I was on tour years earlier,I would call ahead and try to find family housing. I have had lasting friendships with families I have stayed with before.But now,all I want is a quiet room.

No comments: