Wednesday, May 19, 2010

16 May 2010

I requested to play the 2nd set of matches.My body is still in Cali time- 3 hours behind. So my body thinks 8 am Eastern time is actually 5 am. I have not hear much about my opponent except that she has played 3-4 tournaments on the pro circuit last year. Most the players seem to be young- very very young.
Women's circuit is very different form the men's in the age of the players. Majority of the girls are in their teens
.I practice for about 30 minutes and get warmed up. The trainer also stretches my shoulder which acts up once in a while.
I have to say that i am a bit nervous.This comes from lack of playing matches. I enter the court and start out the match by receiving serve.I barely make unforced errors and soon I win the first 4 games. The fourth game was a very long one when she rushed to the net and put away a volley winner to win a game. I then stepped it up and wont he set and the match 6-1,6-1. My kick serves worked very well and I felt good overall.

No comments: