Friday, June 4, 2010

17 May 2010

My second round is against Magda from the country of Georgia. Its interesting that I have to mention it-there is a state in the Us called Georgia and most people here have never even heard of the Country of Georgia!!!
She looked like she was built of iron. She started out hitting the ball pretty hard. Her serves were not that big, but effective enough. I had a tough time keeping up with the pace of her shots after about 7-8 rallies. I realized this and tried to mix up the pace of the shots. I did win a few extra points this way. But it was quite apparent that she had more firepower than me today.She beat me 6-2,6-3.
The most interesting thing was Magda had a pet teddy bear she carried with her everywhere,including on court.I joked with her after the match, that if my 4 yr old little girl saw it-she would immediately want to play with it.
Malika and I signed up for doubles and made it to the qualies. We had a qualifying match later that day which we won with ease.

No comments: