Saturday, August 21, 2010

21 August,2010

I am back home in Coimbatore. The news has just sunk in that I made the cut for the CWG. I am obviously totally elated and thoroughly thrilled. After Busan Asian Games in 2002, this will be my 1st chance to wear the tricolor in 8 years. My last competitive match before retiring was 2003 U S Open.
So, yes, it feels awesome to be named in the squad.But of course winning a medal for India would be the ultimate.
But I have to say,it is not easy to plan for tournaments and travel when you are travelling with a 4 yr old. And the Federation and Ministry officials here dont make things easy either.Everything is delayed and has to pass many levels of red tape. This saddens me more than anything else.
The top news with the top male players not receiving monetary compensation make everything look real bad. The easy way out would be to pay them their dues, but if, only things were that simple....
I hope to play some tournaments in US, if the tickets get approved by the AITA before the Commonwealth Games.

No comments: