Saturday, September 4, 2010

Milk Powder comes in handy

Today was an interesting one with us taking a trip down to the Central Coast for a weekend tournament. While I was so diligent in packing things for my daughter, I was totally careless and utterly unplanned with regard to myself. I have told many of my students how prepared they need to be for a match, but today I was possibly the worst in that regard.
I started playing a singles match against a 15 yr old junior player. Halfway through,I felt a bit weak and needed energy. Poring through my racquet bag, I could not find anything to eat.I did'nt even pack a gatorade....hmmm.This was interesting. Then, out of the blue, I dig out Sahana's milk powder packet.I scoop a few spoonfuls into a cup and mix water to get my energy level up. I ended up winning the match 6-4,6-0. That girl did play well in the 1st set.
In the afternoon,Arunprakash and I won our first round mixed doubles against two top juniors in this area.Thankfully doubles and mixed are a 8 game pro set format. If i keep winning,I may end up playing 5 matches tomorrow.God Save Me!!!!!

1 comment:

Senthil J said...

Nirupama, Nice to see our Nirupama Vaidyanathan still palying at 33. Kudos to you. You will be an Inspiration to many young ones.