Saturday, October 9, 2010

Lost in semis, but will play for Bronze

Our semi-final match against Aussie Jessica Moore and Rogowska was a nail biter to the finish with the Aussies playing a very tight 3rd set.We lost 7-5,3-6,5-7. It was an unbelievable atmosphere with the show court stands totally full and our entire crowd behinf us. Electric is what I would call it. Pooja and I fought very hard till the end and never gave up. But all credit to the Aussies who never made any unforced errors till the end.
Truth be told, I was hugely disappointed. I had another tough loss in mixed too.Yes,I was happy to be able to compete at the highest level, but losing the gold or silver by a whisker is hard to come to terms with.
Now we will play Sania and Rushmi for a bronze.Either way, India will get a bronze whether its our team or theirs. But this time, we might not have the crowd behind us:)
Do post your comments on the blog itself...would love to know your thoughts.

No comments: