Tuesday, October 12, 2010

No medal, but what an experience!!!

One year back when I decided to play competitive tennis,all I had in mind was to play for India again.It was a huge dream.But it came true. But sometimes the mind gets greedy.After making the team, my goal was to win a medal.And I came dar close.Lost out on silver or gold by 2 games(5-7 in the 3rd set). I was devastated. I am not kidding!!!
Butthen you realize what an opportunity this was and what it is to play for India again. When I hear the Anthem being played, I get goosebumps. I so badly wanted to be on a podium,but then, the joy of actually competing at this level, is the biggest podium in the world.And I am so thankful for it. We lost the bronze medal match to Sania and Rushmi. In the 1 set, we had some chances, but the match slowly went away from o0ur hands. My partner was too overawed by our opponents to do any damage.
But now I am in Goa, taking a break for 2 days.And then I will head back to US. Thank you all for the support.Please post your comments on my blog.

2 comments:

Senthil Jagathesan said...

It is great to participate for India, at this age. Pychologically you have won, when many think it is the age to retire and believe they will not be ablt to participate. Kudos to you.

Ava said...

You are an inspiration for all of us. Enjoying the blog. Have a safe trip back.