Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Oh,so close...

In hindsight, many things become clear and it's even more frustrating!!!
My partner Rohan, was scheduled 2 matches within an hour of each other yesterday. But today, funnily, he has a day off. The first thing he says when I saw him this morning is-"Partner how are you?/I could've easily played a match today-dunno why I had to play 2 yesterday-that too within an hr of each other"!!! Baffling!!!
Now the match report- Let the truth be told- Rohan and I didnt get a chance to play any doubles practice matches before.It took us nearly first 4-6 games to get into the groove.After that, it looked good.My returns looked great, I barely missed many returns the entire match. My serve also started to land in and we cruised to a 5-0 lead in the 2nd set. We tied the match at 6-3. But the 3rd set was the trickiest.Rohan lost his service game in the 2nd game of the 3rd set.That proved too costly.We still came back from 1-4 to 3-4, but couldnt hold my serve that game.
I can say that I probably played one of the best matches and if we had better planned and practised together, we might have been in medal contention.......Oh well!!
Poojashree and I will begin our campaign later today in the Women's Doubles.

No comments: