Monday, September 6, 2010

Annoying Dad

I don’t ever recall a dad of an opponent telling me that I would lose to his daughter the next day. But today I did meet one of most bizarre people on this planet, a guy who is so annoying and eccentric all at the same time.
First of all,I did start off by winning 2 singles matches. I can fairly summarize that I played well and was settying up points beautifully. My first opponent Lauren Stratman was 16 yrs old and I beat her 6-1,6-1 and my semi-final opponent was a seasoned Cal Poly college player Suzanna Matenzauer.I was leading 6-1,4-0 when she retired.
Then I played womens doubles with Desirae Karyzwak and we beat 2 teams and will play our final tomorrow. But the match of the day was the mixed doubles one where I had to play against my doubles partner and tomorrow’s final opponent. Arun and I were down 1-6 when she turned the match around and beat them 9-8 in a tie-break.The doubles matches were all 8 game pro sets. That did feel good, but luck is a huge factor too…
That’s when my partner/opponent’s dad tells me that I will lose to his daughter tomorrow in singles and how she is a female version of McEnroe!!! Can you believe it? I just smiled and told him”Dream On”. I hope I can bring it on tomorrow and keep up my words…
Finally, how is my body actually feeling? Yes,I am hurting.Yes I do need painkilers. But, I will have a few days break before the next tournament.So I am going to try to push myself today.Will post everything tomorrow…

No comments: