Tuesday, September 14, 2010

doubles is fun

Ellen Tsay and I won our first round against 3rd seeds. Ellen and I started out in good nick right away. We broke them the very first game and then had our noses in front the entire first set.Ellen is great at the net, very adept at putting away volleys while I am quite decent at setting up those volleys.So,I guess, we make a good team.Lets see how far we get.
One thing thats annoying though, is that I only play one match a day.After last weekend's outing where I played 10 matches in 3 days, this seems a bit slooooooooow. But, I am not complaining.
Tomorrow,I play singles against Amanda Msdowell,another qualifier who won the NCAA title a couple of years back.From what I hear,she is a hard hitter...should be interesting and I can't wait. I will be on 1st match at 10 am...and if you are reading this, please post your comments/wishes on the blog itself.I would love to know what you think!