Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Oh well

Today was a big let down, to say the least. I wont mince words here- I probably played the worst I have played since I started playing again.I held my serve ONCE the entire match!!! Can you believe it? My movement was sluggish, my serve was totally off and I was missing way too much. And she, played steady and focussed tennis every single point.
If I had played my best, I might have had a good shot or at least playing 3 sets, but with my serve all broken down and me not winning any easy points off it, I really had no chance at all whatsoever. Amanda Mcdowell beat me 6-2,6-1. That was it-plain and simple.
The most touching moment was when Sahana started crying after my loss. She was feeling way worse for me than what I felt myself!! These are small things that makes it all worth it. Of course,I would have preferred a win, totally!! But hey, what the heck.You win some and you lose some....thats life.
Tomorrow is a new day and we play our quarter-finals of doubles. Cheerioooo

No comments: