Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Coimbatore exists in a time warp

Now I understand why I even left this place. Coimbatore is in a time warp and is as if it was 20 years ago. The thinking, the mentality, the chauvinism, nothing changes here. Its as if clock froze twenty years ago!!!
The good part though is the tennis culture here.The clubs here are full of tennis enthusiasts who genuinely want kids to play tennis and will do their might to make that happen. There have been many times when members of Cosmopolitan Club would sacrifice their tennis,so I could prepare for a tournament.

But part of the reason why I even left this town was being taken for granted.Believe me,it is'nt fun trying to prove yourself on a day to day basis. And many times, it could also be the familiarity,that made people take you for granted. Just because I was their next door neighbor who won National titles didnt mean that standard of tennis was poor. Of course, everyone isnt like that.There are exceptions....

No comments: