Monday, September 13, 2010

Was'nt as easy...

Today,I qualified into the main draw of the 25K in Redding. This will be the 3rd of the main draw tournaments I have played in the past year which mean this-I WILL BE ON THE COMPUTER RANKINGS IN A WEEK!!!! I am surely thrilled beacuse after 7 yrs,I will enter the frame. I surely have no idea if I will be able to keep this ranking... but hey, have to start some where, no??
Yesterday's match was a breeze,I actually wasnt even timing the ball good. But today,I played decent, but my opponent was this 6 foot lanky lass from Southern California- one of the top juniors in the state. I have to say- she really impressed me.
Brianna Morgan served and volleyed on her 1st and 2nd serve the entire match. Her serve was surely powerful with a kick and believe me,I wasnt passing her as much as I'd like to. The thing that was a stand out aspect was how she stayed mentally with me even in the 2nd set when I was up a break.I was a bit nervous by the way she was so free with her stroked and her game. If she is groomed properly- she could be top 50 in the WTA's no doubt.
Tomorrow I get a day off from singles and play doubles first round main draw with Ellen Tsay-another girl who is half my age!!! Might be helpful to run down the lobs:)...

No comments: